Now is the time to get your Amateur Radio License, or upgrade to a higher level.
The St. Cloud Amateur Radio Club is hosting an Exam Session to do just that.
- EXAM SESSION
06/02/2018Sponsor: Saint Cloud Amateur Radio Club
Date: Jun 02 2018
Time: 10:00 AM (Walk-ins allowed)
Contact: Charles H. Chirhart
Location: Saint Cloud Amateur Radio Club
401 4th Street North
Waite Park MN 56387
What to Bring to an ARRL Exam Session:
1) A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport)
2) If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification:
a) non-photo ID/driver’s license (some states still have them)
b) birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
c) social security card
d) library card
e) utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
3) Students/minors may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor’s work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
4) Social Security Number (SSN) or your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN). VEC’s are required by the FCC to submit either your SSN or your FRN number with your license application form. If you prefer not to give your SSN at the exam session, then you may register your SSN with the FCC before exam day. Once you have a FCC issued FRN, you may no longer use your SSN on the application. For instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive a FRN, visit the FCC’s FAQ page and the FCC’s registration instructions page. Please note that some exam teams will only accept a valid FRN on your application. Check with your local exam team before exam day.
5) If applicable, bring either a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license or a reference copy printed out from the FCC website, the license information printed from ARRL website or QRZ website, or the original(s) and photocopy(s) of any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. If your license has already been issued by FCC, the CSCE showing license credit is not needed. The photocopy(s) will not be returned. Instructions on how to obtain an official FCC license copy are on our Obtain License Copy web page.
6) A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed. You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they’re free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session and the phones’ calculator function may not be used. In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids, smartphones, Blackberry devices and all similar electronic devices with a calculator capability, may NOT be used.
7) Bring a check, a money order or cash to cover the exam session fee: $15.00.